Hummus is one of our favorite snacks! It is so simple, fast and nutritious. Not to mention, also DELICIOUS! This recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
The best thing about Hummus is how versatile it is. Don’t like olives? No problem. You can also use roasted red peppers, fresh herbs, or avocados. Just omit the olives and experiment with other ad-ons. The possibilities are endless.
Homemade hummus tastes so much better than store bought. Once you make a batch you will never go back! While this recipes calls for cans of chick peas, you can use fresh cooked chickpeas. We like to cook chickpeas in bulk, measure out the equivalent of 1 can (which is around 2 cups) put it in containers and freeze them until ready to use. It is so convenient and taste way better than canned chickpeas.
If you don’t have a food processor, a blender will work as well. We usually use this adapter for the Vitamix which is perfect for small batches.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 tbsp water (to desired constancy)
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor/blender until the mixture is smooth and creamy (no chickpea clumps)
- Serve with baby carrots, pepper slices, crackers, chips and so much more!