Wild Rice Acorn Squash
Easy vegan stuffed acorn squash with wild rice, dried cranberries, and walnuts.
- 2 acorn squash
- 3 cup wild rice (cooked)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Recipe lemon tahini sauce -> http://thenutritionsisters.com/tahini-lemon-sauce/
- Cut acorn squash in half, remove seeds and brush it with your oil of choice (we use avocado oil)
- Roast squash (open part facing down) for about 30-40 minutes or until soft inside
- While the squash is roasting, prepare wild rice according to the instructions on the package (1 cup uncooked rice is about 3 cups cooked)
- While the rice is cooking chop up the parsley and walnuts
- Mix cooked rice with the chopped walnuts, parsley and dried cranberries. Add salt and pepper to taste and any other spices you like
- When the acorn is done fill it up with the rice mixture and drizzle with the lemon tahini sauce
- Enjoy it hot or cold!